Facts About the
Five Rivers Council
- We served a total of 1,649 Cub Scouts, 982 Boy Scouts, 98 Venturers, and 20 Explorers in 139 Units. That’s 2,749 lives that we made a difference in!
- More than 292 of our Cub Scouts attended summer camp.
- Over 75% of our boy scouts attended summer camp
- Our scouts sold over $425,000 in popcorn – earning more than $300,000 to support their units and the local program
- Our scouts collected over 90,000 food items for Scouting for Food
- 45 of our Boy Scouts earned the rank of Eagle Scout
- We sent contingents to Florida Sea Base, the Summit and to Philmont, including our 1st ever female contingent to Philmont.
- The #1 story in BSA National’s Scoutwire for 2016 was about our homegrown Eagle Scout Timothy Updegraff and his Eagle project creating an audio tour of Woodlawn Cemetery.
- We continue to rank near the top in the country in both trained leaders and youth protection-trained leaders.
- We have been chosen to host 2 BSA Regional Conferences in 2017: Strategic Training Planning Conference and Seabadge.
- After years of financial challenges, we finished 2016 with a budget surplus and made great strides in developing a sustainable financial plan of operations.
- For the 1 st time in our history we were recognized by BSA National as a Gold Journey to Excellence Council (this is the highest ranking that a Council can receive with less than 10% of all councils nation-wide earning the distinction